QUESTIONS TO ASK WHEN SELECTING A TENANT REPRESENTATIVE
An Experienced and professional tenant representative can make a invaluable difference in the successful outcome of your search for industrial, office, or retail commercial real estate space. A tenant leasing commercial real estate space does so only a few times during their corporate lives. Landlords lease space on a regular basis. Level the playing field by selecting an experienced tenant representative.
1. How much commercial real estate leasing experience does the real estate agent have?
2. How much experience with your type of business (if applicable)?
3. What is the level of their legal and financial knowlege?
4. Will they be able to review the lease contract for legal and business issues, or will you need further counsel?
5. How much experience do they have in lease negotiations?
6. How much knowlege do they have about the area in which you're looking to locate your facility?
7. What is their process for scheduling property inspections?
8. How do they find avialable "for lease" commercial real estate space the meets your requirement?
9. Can they give assistance or a referral for space planning?
10. What is their expected commission?
Once you have selected your representative it is adviseable to enter into an "Exclusive Representation Agreement". After executing this agreement visit "The Process and Timing" under THE LEASING ADVISOR section of our web site.